Special Award for Most Nurturing Environment
The Student of the Year – Special Award for Most Nurturing Environment is for a school that has provided the support and encouragement to help students with different talents realise their potential. This could be in academic subjects, in extracurricular activities, by paving the way to tertiary education or sought-after careers, or perhaps by opening up new possibilities for youngsters unsure which direction to take.
Theme for SOTY 2019/20
Providing a great education for students is a mission which has many different dimensions. In particular, it includes making students fully aware of the world around us and getting them involved in community activities which help people in need and help to create a better future fro everyone.
This year, our theme is “Community Contribution” and the Award will go to a school, together with their students, which shows significant involvement and notable achievements in this area.
How to enter
Nominees must be a government registered secondary schools in Hong Kong. Please send us a message to illustrate and explain your school’s ongoing contribution to the community.Your message should take the form of either (1) a video under 1.5 minutes, or (2) a written statement under 500 words, excluding evidence. Relevant evidence (e.g. award, media coverage, photos, etc.) should be attached with your message.
Below are some areas you may want to cover:
- Participation in different events and objectives
- Programme to support student involvement in the community
- Awards (received by the school or students)
- Basic mission and future plans
- Main reasons for getting involved in different activities
For this award, you are free to use English or Chinese. If you are submitting a video, please note that you will not be judged by your video editing skills.
The nomination period runs from 10 October, 2019 to 17 January, 2020.
Submissions can be made in the following ways:
- By online submission, click here to fill in the details
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to South China Morning Post Publishers Limited, Student of the Year Awards, 19/F, Tower 1, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
The winning school will be selected by our advisory board members and be invited to the award ceremony.